[BlueOnyx:07252] Re: DNS Script ?

Richard Morgan richard at morgan-web.co.uk
Sat May 7 13:19:00 -05 2011

Hi Dan

I agree with you; it's not difficult but it's one more place that automation could kick in.

Solarspeed have a script for importing secondary DNS records and another for clearing all DNS data.  I once fiddled with these to see if I could get a command line script to delete all DNS, download a text file of IP address and domain names from the primary and use it to build the secondary DNS.

I didn't get very far because one of the machines used was a production system and I feared breaking it.

I still think the idea has merit, if you want to take on a challenge :o)

Richard

See the following, can't remember which part went where
http://data.smd.net/scripts/dns-slaves/
http://data.smd.net/scripts/bq_do_secondary_dns_2.pl.txt
http://data.smd.net/scripts/dnswipe.pl.txt