[BlueOnyx:07280] Re: Sata300 Disk Transfer Speeds

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Thu May 12 07:29:38 -05 2011

On May 11, 2011, at 10:52 PM, Chuck Tetlow wrote:

> That's because you're logged in as "admin".  You've got to be root to run that command.

Actually, I was... (root at box1, then the '#' prompt was present)

> Use the command "su -" and provide the root password to switch user to root.  Most of the time, the root password is the same as the "admin" account password.
>
> The command should work then.
>
> But if you don't use the "-" switch after the "su" switch user command, you won't be able to run the program without providing the whole path to the command.  That would be /sbin/hdparm to run it.

That was the issue causing me to have to provide the complete path. Everything else had been working just fine without the '-' switch, and I guess I got lazy... You know, saving two keystrokes here and there just might prevent CTS... LOL

Thanks;
Jeff