[BlueOnyx:07367] Dovecot shutting down

Gregg greggk1 at cox.net
Tue May 24 15:58:15 -05 2011

I have been having an issue with dovecot shutting down and not coming back
up right away.  I know this is happening because I have the server checking
for time and sometimes it moves backwards.

dovecot: Fatal: Time just moved backwards by 13 seconds. This might cause a
lot of problems, so I'll just kill myself now.

The problem is, it takes dovecot a lot longer than 13 seconds to come back
on, sometimes more than 30 minutes. Is there a way for me to have the
dovecot process come back up any sooner?

Thanks.