[BlueOnyx:07391] Re: SMTP from Android 2.2.2

Abdul Rashid Abdullah webmaster at muntada.com
Thu May 26 08:51:47 -05 2011

Sent from android using pop/smtp and k9. Don't recall an issue with the built-in email application. When I get a chance I will document.

Robert Fitzpatrick <robert at webtent.org> wrote:

On 5/26/2011 7:58 AM, Jeffrey Pellin wrote: > I recommend that all of our customers use IMAP. It seems to work fine with > all versions of Android on all Phones. > > Using Z-push has some issues which I have been unable to solve. The main > one being that the sender (not the reply address, you understand) is set to > apache at servername. Obviously this is a killer issue as it causes emails to > be treated as spam. Never tried Z-push, but yes, IMAP is the best way to go and it works fine. My issue is with sending mail using SMTP._____________________________________________