[BlueOnyx:08963] Re: Imagemagick Problems on 5108R

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Nov 3 06:59:28 -05 2011

Hi free4me at gmx.ch,

> Problem is solved. It was the same problem that other have with the
> "sl-fastbug" repo, see
> http://mail.blueonyx.it/pipermail/blueonyx/2011-October/008779.html
>
> So i've enabled sl-fastbug repo in /etc/yum.repos.d/sl-other.repo and after
> that it worked.

Very well.

> May i ask why for 5108R was Scientific Linux used and not Centos anymore?

When we released BlueOnyx 5107R, CentOS6 wasn't out yet. Even now that CentOS6
is out, it has 5-6 months worth of patches to catch up with. This includes
even a fair share of critical issues. So personally I would feel highly
uncomfortable running a CentOS6 box at this time.

Additionally: When I look at the release history of Scientific Linux and
compare it with that of CentOS, then SL has done a much better job all around.
Not only with their RHEL6 clone, but also with previous releases.