[BlueOnyx:08978] Re: Problem with php-sessions after updates

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Nov 5 17:36:32 -05 2011

Hi Joachim,

> After the updates from 4. november I have problems with none working
> sessions in Php.
>
> The only parameter which is different from a working installation on
> Blueonyx:
> None working Server
> session.use_only_cookies On On
>
> Working server
> session.use_only_cookies Off Off
>
> But I can´t change the corresponting php.ini file in the /home/sites....
> Folder. I get the error message permission denied, also as root-user.

Ok, I see you're using suPHP for that site, because it has a separate php.ini
in the site's home directory.

This php.ini is protected with "chattr +i" to prevent that it gets edited.

Do the following:

Make your desired changes to the servers php.ini file (/etc/php.ini). Then
turn off suPHP for the site and save the changes. Then turn suPHP back on and
again save the changes. The servers php.ini will then get copied into the
site's home directory again - including your modification.

Additionally make sure that the directory /var/lib/php/session/ has 777
permissions:

chmod 777 /var/lib/php/session/

We need that for suPHP to work. Otherwise suPHP enabled sites cannot create
session cookies, as they cannot write to that directory.