[BlueOnyx:09021] slightly OT Majordomo permissions.

Roy Urick rurick at usa.net
Fri Nov 11 10:00:21 -05 2011

Ive got a weird one and although it's on a *shudder*  still in production
Cobalt Raq4  you guys would know for sure.

Suddenly (at least I think within the past week) my Majordomo server has
quit passing messages. Instead the admin just gets bounce messages like
this:

550 5.2.4 :include:/usr/local/majordomo/domain/lists/preeng...
Cannot open /usr/local/majordomo/domain/lists/preeng: Group
writable file

whats the easiest fix for this? Would simply issuing a "chmod 644
/usr/local/majordomo/domain/lists/*" to snag ALL the lists work, or should
it be corrected another way?  Would changing the corresponding .config files
cause issues if I use a wildcard?  (all are presently set at 660)

thanks