[BlueOnyx:09087] Re: bq_do_secondary_dns_2.pl

Martyn Bailey martyn at solis.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 09:21:48 -05 2011

On 21 Nov 2011, at 14:05, Richard Morgan wrote:

> Cool... sounds intriguing...
>
> What does it do and where can one find it?

You should be able to find it on solarspeed - if not, I can email it to
you.

Basically, dnsimport will not bring in secondary records, so, if (as
we have) there are machines set to act as slaves, there's no easy
way to migrate dns records.

bq_do_secondary_dns_2.pl

Does - but you need to build a 'records' file - which is actually very
easy, the script then reads that file, builds the records and presto,
it all works.

Eventually database replication and MyDNS will be a far better
option, but for now, this will do :-)