[BlueOnyx:09091] Re: bq_do_secondary_dns_2.pl

Martyn Bailey martyn at solis.co.uk
Mon Nov 21 12:39:16 -05 2011

On 21 Nov 2011, at 17:00, Michael Stauber wrote:

> Then there are also the two scripts in this folder, but they're by now
> obsolete, as /usr/sausalito/sbin/dnsImport.pl from
> blueonyx-dnstoolbox-1.0.6-1 handles import of secondary DNS records
> now as well:

Have I missed something about:
blueonyx-dnstoolbox-1.0.6-1
Like, what is it? and where is it? and what can it do? etc ;-)

Is there an easy way to dump a list of secondaries from BQ that I
can then easily add into BO?

Also - hint (MyDNS) :-)

Also, when deployed, is there going to be some way to get MyDNS
to import records from a Windows Server (domain.suffix.dns format,
but basically plain text records) as one of the businesses we
manage still use that sh!tty platform to manage their master
records, the world sees the secondaries on a couple of BQ servers.

I've set a deadline of end March 2012 to fully migrate to BO as our
core platform (with a few Debian boxes kicking around too).