[BlueOnyx:09146] Re: Smtp errors

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Mon Nov 28 17:24:20 -05 2011

On Nov 28, 2011, at 3:19 PM, Hugo Sesma wrote:

> Jeff,
>
> I suspect that is the remote server, but I don't know how to check it, I can talk to the administrator of  the domain/server, can you lead me what to search. I'm sure, I'm not blocking it.
>
> Regards

You can simply try to ping the remote server. If it doesn't respond, they may be blocking. You may need to set your MTU for your internet link manually to take care of things... This page has a technique you can try from your Blue Onyx box:

http://anthony.zerosandones.co.uk/node/451

Try different MTU values until the ping returns clean, then set the MTU for the eth interface connecting you to the internet. Hopefully the remote box has IT'S mtu set correctly... You didn't mention who the remote system was (to protect the innocent), but there may be no way to correct.

I could also be very wrong...
Jeff