[BlueOnyx:08695] Re: Error in mailq

Chuck Tetlow chuck at tetlow.net
Sat Oct 1 14:23:58 -05 2011

If that error is in your mqueue - your server is having problems delivering e-mail to another server.  The TLS secure connection handshake isn't working.

Go into your /var/log/maillog and find the same error - it should be in there.  In the same line as that error - you should be able to see the "relay" (receiving-end server) which is responding with that error.  If its someone you don't care about not getting e-mail to - ignore it.  But if its a server you do want to be able to send e-mail to, you've got to fix the problem.

I think that to fix it - you can add "Try_TLS:server.domain.tld     NO" to the /etc/mail/access.db file.  Then remake your database and restart sendmail.  The only problem is - I think the BlueOnyx management scripts will overwrite it each time you add/delete a domain - so you may wind up doing it again in the future.

Chuck