[BlueOnyx:08730] Re: Stats question

Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet cobaltfacts at virtbiz.com
Tue Oct 4 15:46:20 -05 2011

Barry Mishkind wrote:
> When viewing the AWStats for a domain, I expanded the page views and after filtering for the subdomain (eas), got no pages at all for the subdomain.
>
> Is that because it is a subdomain?  Or is there a different way to see traffic to eas.xxxx.net

Although this isn't really a BlueOnyx issue so much as a SolarSpeed
AWSTATS issue, I've duplicated similar results.   It appears that
AWSTATS does not read for the subdomain.

However, the same also appears true for standard Webalizer.  This leads
me to think that, as with other occasional issues, if you need full
functionality of everything the GUI has to offer, then your best bet is
to load as a site, rather than a subdomain.

I'd welcome someone else to weigh-in on this as well.
--
Chris Gebhardt
VIRTBIZ Internet Services