[BlueOnyx:08762] Re: 5106R MX record oddity

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Oct 6 16:05:49 -05 2011

Hi Chris,

> Thanks Gerald.  It appears we are in agreement on the base-swupdate-*
> packages. (1.3.0-BX26.centos5).

Yeah, that's fine. But the issue with the MX priority pulldown is with base-
dns:

[root at 5106r ]# rpm -qa|grep base-dns|sort
base-dns-am-1.0-2BQ8.centos5
base-dns-capstone-1.1.0-93BX38.centos5
base-dns-glue-1.1.0-93BX38.centos5
base-dns-locale-da_DK-1.1.0-93BX38.centos5
base-dns-locale-de_DE-1.1.0-93BX38.centos5
base-dns-locale-en-1.1.0-93BX38.centos5
base-dns-locale-ja-1.1.0-93BX38.centos5
base-dns-ui-1.1.0-93BX38.centos5

The GUI pages for base-dns were programmed with heavy usage of CobaltUI.php
instead of using pure UIFC like the rest of the GUI pages.

This ia problematic, as CobaltUI.php doesn't really work right anymore when it
comes to pulldowns. Such as the DNS MX priority pulldown.

So to fix this I recently rewrote parts of the base-dns module to use UIFC
code for pages with pulldowns.

Some of that was explained in the devel-blog:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=96&cntnt01origid=62&cntnt01pagelimit=100000&cntnt01returnid=62

Anyway, I just checked on a 5106R to see how the MX priority pulldown looks
there and I can see it working fine on my end. So I'm a bit puzzled why that's
not the case on your boxes.

Please check if you're running base-dns-ui-1.1.0-93BX38 and if you are and the
problem still persists, it would probably be helpful if someone could let me
access his box to troubleshoot the problem. In that case please contact me
offlist for the details.