[BlueOnyx:08783] Re: yum install openssl-devel error

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Fri Oct 7 21:00:10 -05 2011

Hi Mike,

> Did some more digging, and found the "--setopt=protected_multilib=false"
> option to bypass the protected multilib error message.
>
> # yum install openssl-devel --setopt=protected_multilib=false

I've run into a similar problem with 5108R recently.

Part of the problem is this: The CD was built with the "sl-fastbugs"
repository enabled. However, the installed system then runs with the "sl-
fastbugs" YUM repository disabled by default.

So some of the libraries you have installed off the CD are newer than
libraries that you see in the enabled YUM repositories. Which - at certain
points during a YUM update - can lead to YUM running into dependency issues.

So another work around would be to enable the "sl-fastbugs" YUM repository.

I will build the next CDs with "sl-fastbugs" disabled just to prevent these
kind of problems.