[BlueOnyx:08872] Neat blog comparing PHP handlers

Jeff Jones jeffrhysjones at mac.com
Thu Oct 20 09:06:27 -05 2011

Hi all,

I came across this blog today and thought I would share it with you all.

I had actually been experiencing high CPU on a couple of servers running suPHP so perhaps this explains a lot.

Also the revelation that if you are using suPHP - Opcode type caches (xcache, APC, eAccellerator) will not work and therefore there is no benefit at all to run then.

The item goes on to say that FASTCGI can use Opcode caches, however the trade off is higher memory use.

Anyway - here's the item:

http://boomshadow.net/tech/php-handlers/

Cheers,

Jeff