[BlueOnyx:08891] MailMan Upgrades - Lessons Learned

MuntadaNet Webmaster webmaster at muntada.com
Sat Oct 22 06:31:47 -05 2011

I would like to upgrade an existing system that is using majordomo to
mailman.  I am running 5106R.  I have read the install instructions at:

http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=75
http://www.blueonyx.it/index.php?mact=News,cntnt01,detail,0&cntnt01articleid=76

I am comfortable with that.  I also did a search on the subject
mailman in my email archive and looked through those emails but
didn't find too much there to suggest any major issue.  However...

What I would like to know are there any other "gotchas" I might
expect when I upgrade an existing system.  I am doing this first time
on a server that has maybe 16 sites most of which are my "pet
projects" or close clients/friends who can bear a little pain save
the fact my own domain which needs to make sure email is working for
me to communicate to my clients.  Having said that, I am hoping I can
gather a bit of intelligence before taking the plunge.

Please endow upon me the collective wisdom or tell me where the heck
the wisdom was already mentioned.

Regards,

Rashid