[BlueOnyx:08894] Re: Mailwatch Conf

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Mon Oct 24 16:34:15 -05 2011

On 25/10/2011 2:59 AM, Richard Barker wrote:
> Is there a way to stop mysql logging on mailwatch for customers using
> phplist.
> I have a current content rule for not scanning localhost email but would
> also
> like to stop logging for localhost users suing phplist.
>
> The reason I want to do this is to decrease CPU load when the mailer is
> going
> out.

Mail logging is defined in the MailWatch.conf file here...

     Always Looked Up Last = &MailWatchLogging

This is a reference to a function in
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm that does
all of the logging stuff. Theoretically (although I have not tested it),
it may be possible to add a custom conf file as a front-end to logging
(like you have done to bypass scanning for locally generated mail).

If this does not work, the other option is to hack
/usr/lib/MailScanner/MailScanner/CustomFunctions/MailWatch.pm to do an
if test before doing the SQL stuff - and ignore locally generated mail...

Regards,
Greg.

|   / \   Greg Kuhnert,gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au                |
|<  o>   Compass Networks - Pointing you in the right direction      |
|   \ /   See us for BlueQuartz / BlueOnyx modules and Support.       |