[BlueOnyx:08907] New user can't log in

Mark E. Levy mark at levysplace.us
Tue Oct 25 15:42:37 -05 2011

I've just created a new website & user on a nearly-new 5108R. I cannot log into this user's account via several different FTP apps. The security log reports a problem with the password, but I'm dead sure I've typed it correctly. The username does not appear in the blocked user list.

Oct 25 15:38:35 web03 proftpd[2932]: localhost - USER etaent (Login failed): Incorrect password.

I've deleted and re-created the user twice. What could be the problem?

Thanks,
Mark