[BlueOnyx:08925] Re: BX in Proxmox

Jeffrey Pellin jeffrey at px2co.net
Mon Oct 31 08:20:37 -05 2011

Eiji,

I started the SL6 BO virtual machine and selected the  terminal application
in Proxmox
which logged me into the virtual machine.

No network device had been detected, so I typed setup and selected Network
setup, but the virtual ethernet adapter wasn't present.

I looked at the logs for the virtual machine in Proxmox and it shows that
udev couldn't run as the kernel (in Proxmox) isn't compatible with that
version.

I have noticed that the BO page on the Proxmox wiki was deleted a few
months ago
so my guess is that, apart from doing a full install in KVM mode, this
isn't going
to work at the moment.

You could use terminal access to configure the network adapter manually
but I really couldn't say what would happen at startup when udev failed
each time.

All the best

Jeffrey