[BlueOnyx:08361] Re: Feature request quotas

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Sep 1 19:16:34 -05 2011

Hi Ernie,
>  used to get quota notifications os an admin on Raq550 and Bluequartz, they
> were kind of anoying as the Subject was not in plain text!

Yeah, I fixed that for BlueOnyx. The mailer function of Sausalito was garbage
and didn't send emails in the correct format or encoding. I replaced it with a
Perl library which works a lot better.

> What would be nice is to have the ability to send different types of
> notifications to different email addresses. eg. A site admin can easily
> deal with a users quota adjustment, so the server admin probably doesn't
> need to know about that, but does need to know if /var fills up or the CPU
> is stuck at 99% etc.

The disk space warning for full partitions already works fine. But yeah, the
CPU warning stuff could use a little overhaul.