[BlueOnyx:08446] Re: Japanese GUI Language still have some problem.

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Sep 12 10:08:50 -05 2011

Hi Kondo,

> My blueonyx's admin page is control by Japanese, and few days ago the
> Japanese character got to be English by auto yum update. So I can't change
> the user's information which is written by Japanese(when I tried user will
> broken). I just follow the direction this article [BlueOnyx:08420] and i
> got english in side the pulldowns. But still I can't see any Japanese so I
> can't control.
>
> What I did is I tried to switch the Language pulldown to English and
> Japanese, but nothing will change(still English).

I just tested this. And yes, I see the problem that you have with Japanese
language in the BlueOnyx GUI.

There are two problems:

5107R: The language selector has two options for Japanese

	Japanese
	Japanese (Japan)

Choosing "Japanese" doesn't work. GUI remains in English.

Choosing "Japanese (Japan)" works. But of course some texts will still be in
English, as we don't have the correct Japanese texts for these menu items.

5106R: The language selector has a single option for Japanese:

	Japanese

However: Choosing "Japanese" and saving doesn't switch the language and the
GUI remains entirely in English.

I'll see what I can do. I may have a fix ready sometime tonight.

As you know, we have nobody who maintains the Japanese language translation
files. And for every new or updated item in the GUI we therefore just default
to using English text instead, because we are unable to generate the
corrensponding Japanese text for the locale files.

If there are any volunteers who would like to maintain, manage and update the
Japanese language locale files, then this is more than welcome and would be
highly appreciated.