[BlueOnyx:08454] Re: vmware ESXi 4.0 and 5107R

Miguel Saiz miguel.neox at gmail.com
Tue Sep 13 10:43:21 -05 2011

Thank you Michael, I have found how to resolve it:

I configured the settings in the ESXi for the cloned VPS and changed
the MAC, rebooted the VPS and now the system continues keeping
the eth0 (with old MAC) and adds the eth1 (with new MAC).

I understand that now the SO will use eth1 as primary interface (eth0
disabled and not able to bring it up)  so I did:

1.- ifconfig eth1 up -> to bring the interface up.

2.- system-config-network -> to change denomination from eth0 to eth1,
also give ip, netmask and gateway.

3.- ./network_settings.sh -> to check the ip parameters and restart the
daemons.

After this I had network access.

Maybe there is a cleaner way of doing this, but at least it is working.

Thank you very much for all your help.
Miguel