[BlueOnyx:08568] Re: Subject line admin mail messages

Barry Mishkind barry at oldradio.com
Thu Sep 22 23:41:58 -05 2011

At 05:31 PM 9/22/2011, Michael Stauber wrote:
>I found the problem in the meantime. As suspected the script
>/usr/sausalito/swatch/bin/am_disk.pl was still using the old function to send
>emails. I just changed it to use MIME::Lite instead for sending those mails.
>
>The update is in SVN now:
>
>http://devel.blueonyx.it/trac/changeset/800/

        I hope this is OK to tag onto this thread,
        but I do have a question that seems to be related here.

        I just discovered over 5700 emails in
        the "admin" mbox ....
        Some of them were addressed by the system to "root"
                (cron daemon sends from root to root)
                (logwatch sends to root)
        Some of them were addressed by the system to "admin"
                (active monitor sends to admin, but
                there never are any details in the message.
                After "summary of changes" all there ever is
                is four empty lines:

Active Monitor has detected recent changes in the state of your server appliance.For more details, please see the Active Monitor section of the Server Desktop.Summary of changes:
*
-
-
-

        1. Where do I fix where root sends email?
        2. How do I redirect email to root?
        3. There does not appear to be an admin account
                in the BX GUI.  At least it is not in any
                of the domains on the virtual site list.

TIA!

barry