[BlueOnyx:08570] Re: vmware

Peter Robbins - Bridgewater Software Group pete at bridgewater.it
Fri Sep 23 02:29:30 -05 2011

Hi,

We use BX on vmware and have successfully converted many P2V servers.

You can use the vmware standalone converter,  which can be downloaded
from the vmware.com website, but you must ensure that root can login to
SSH on the source machine - this can be set through the GUI.

For the best results we have found CMU to be the best.  There are a lot
of threads on CMU and how to use it.   This method works best for us
everytime.

We are currently in the process of moving to 5107/8, which we will
accomplish using the CMU method above.

Happy to discuss further.

Kind regards,

Peter Robbins
Technical Director
Bridgewater Software Development Ltd
E: peter at bridgewater.it
T: +44 (0) 1442 870244
F: +44 (0) 1442 879993
*Important:*
This e-mail and any attachment(s) are intended for the above named only
and may be confidential. If you are not the named recipient please
notify us immediately. You must not copy or disclose the contents to any
third party. Internet e-mail is not a fully secure communications
medium. Please take this into account when sending e-mail to us. Any
attachment(s) to this e-mail are believed to be free from virus, but it
is the responsibility of the recipient to make all the necessary virus
checks.

*Bridgewater Software Development Ltd*
Jelmac House
High Street