[BlueOnyx:08622] Re: 5108R Issues (brand new install)

Mike sunlist at yahoo.com
Mon Sep 26 14:31:57 -05 2011

> That looks good as well. Still: When your YUM connects to
>
> http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=$releasever&arch=$basearch
>
> ... to fetch the list of mirrors, it usually should
> substitute $releasever
> with "6.1" for SL-6.1 and $basearch with the architecture.
> Which is either
> "i386" for 32-bit systems or "x86_64" for 64-bit systems.
>
> So in your case the URL would look like this:
>
> http://updates.blueonyx.it/mirror.php?release=6.1&arch=x86_64
>
> That would then return the respective list of mirrors and
> the paths where the
> updates are located for the given platform and OS level.
>
> But apparently that's not working for you. Why? I don't
> know.
>
> So do this please:
>
> Edit /etc/yum.repos.d/BlueOnyx.repo and uncomment this
> line:
>
> baseurl=http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5106R/CentOS6/blueonyx/$basearch/
>
> A line below it is the line that starts with "mirrorlist=".
> Comment that out
> by putting a "#" in front of it.
>
> Save the changes and then try a "yum update" again.

# yum update
BlueOnyx          |  892 B     00:00
http://updates.blueonyx.it/pub/BlueOnyx/5106R/CentOS6/blueonyx/x86_64/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] Error importing repomd.xml for BlueOnyx: Damaged repomd.xml file
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: BlueOnyx. Please verify its path and try again

Mike