[BlueOnyx:08631] Can't delete server administrator

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Mon Sep 26 19:27:45 -05 2011

I've got a strange case. I created a server administrator, and gave root access... Thinking that would allow that user to ssh into the box and su to root...

That didn't work... The user had to use admin's root password, so I decided what's the use, just use the admin user... But I can't delete the user I created. The error is "Unable to remove the root user account, root-username".

Same message if I try to remove root access and save the user...

Did I find an undocumented feature?

Jeff