[BlueOnyx:08649] How-To for migrating from Raq4 to BlueOnyx?

David Thacker David at ThackerNet.com
Tue Sep 27 16:32:26 -05 2011

Hi all,

Okay, I'm finally ready to migrate a bunch of sites and DNS from a
production RaQ4 server to a new server with BlueOnyx 5107R. Stop
snickering, Old Blue has been good to me.

1. Can anyone point me to a How-To for this migration scenario?

2. I currently have Raqbackup backing up the RaQ4 to a Strongbolt server
daily. Can I use Raqbackup to do the website, email, and DNS export from
the RaQ4 server for subsequent CMU import on the new BX server, or do I
need to manually run cmuExport on the old RaQ instead?

3. The RaQ4 server name is also used as one of the sites on the old
server. I understand that is a no-no on BX, so will I be able to just
import that main site as a virtual site on the new server, without
affecting the new server hostname? The new server hostname is currently
"bx" and on the old server it is "www".

4. Do I need to do a separate dnsImport on the new server, or will
cmuImport bring in all the DNS data for me too?

5. Anything else I should watch out for in regards to the migration?

Thanks!

David Thacker