[BlueOnyx:09976] Re: 5106R/5107R/5108R YUM updates

William Thackrey wethackrey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 05:46:00 -05 2012

WARNING!

It looks like yesterday's "massive BlueOnyx update" may cause some serous issues with vSites running either Drupal 6 or Drupal 7.  On two different BlueOnyx 5106R servers, three Drupal 6 sites were forced into maintenance mode and two Drupal 7 sites now display only blank pages.  We're digging into the cause now.  I suspect a change in php.ini parameters, but that's only a guess at this point.  The update itself ran without error on both servers.  If you've not run the update yet and you have Drupal 7 sites on your server(s), I'd hold off at this point.  I you HAVE run the update and you have Drupal 7 sites, I'd appreciate hearing your results.  I suppose I really knew better than to run a "massive update" on production servers on April Fool's day.

Bill Thackrey
Concanon