[BlueOnyx:09978] Re: 5106R/5107R/5108R YUM updates and Drupal

William Thackrey wethackrey at gmail.com
Mon Apr 2 06:17:12 -05 2012

Continuing the research on the Drupal issue...

I dropped a phpinfo() statement into the index.php pages on the problem Drupal 7 sites and one of the Drupal 6 sites. All sites return PHP version 5.1.6, rather than 5.2.17.  there is something broken in Mod PHP.

Anyone have a suggestion on how to proceed?  Is there a quick fix?  Will reinstalling Mod PHP do the trick?

Further to my earlier post about yesterday's BlueOnyx update and Drupal, calling update.php on a Drupal 7 site now returns this message:

The wrong version of PDO is installed!
Drupal 7 requires the PHP Data Objects (PDO) extension from PHP core to be enabled. This system has the older PECL version installed.

The servers have Solarspeed Mod PHP 5.2.17 installed.  Michael – is there a chance the update broke Mod PHP on 5106R?

WARNING!

It looks like yesterday's "massive BlueOnyx update" may cause some serous issues with vSites running either Drupal 6 or Drupal 7.  On two different BlueOnyx 5106R servers, three Drupal 6 sites were forced into maintenance mode and two Drupal 7 sites now display only blank pages.  We're digging into the cause now.  I suspect a change in php.ini parameters, but that's only a guess at this point.  The update itself ran without error on both servers.  If you've not run the update yet and you have Drupal 7 sites on your server(s), I'd hold off at this point.  I you HAVE run the update and you have Drupal 7 sites, I'd appreciate hearing your results.  I suppose I really knew better than to run a "massive update" on production servers on April Fool's day.

Bill Thackrey
Concanon