[BlueOnyx:10015] Re: System Settings -> Hardware Information on 5106 R not running after update

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Apr 2 22:55:08 -05 2012

Hi Jon,

> Funny I just did a yum clean all then a yum update and got the proper
> build but still the same issue.....
> looks like Michael has already resolved it on my end, so wait for his
> response ;))

Yeah, thanks to Jon's help I found the problem:

We use two different phpsysinfo versions. The old 2.5.4 on 5106R (because it
will still work on PHP-5.1.6) and version 3 on 5107R/5108R, as it requires
PHP-5.3 or better.

So we split the software a bit apart. The GUI integration of phpSysinfo is
done via ...

 base-phpsysinfo-capstone
 base-phpsysinfo-glue
 base-phpsysinfo-locale-*
 base-phpsysinfo-ui

... these RPMs, which are identical between 5106R, 5107R and 5108R.

Then there is the phpsysinfo RPM itself. The 5106R YUM repository has the old
v2.5.4, where the 5107R and 5108R YUM repositories have the newer one.

The problem was that the config.php file for phpSysinfo was supplied through
base-phpsysinfo-ui and unfortunately that contained only the configuration
that worked with the newer phpSysinfo. \o/

I just released an updated base-phpsysinfo-* which contains config.php's for
both version. Depending on which platform it is installed on, the right one
will be rotated into place.

That fixes the problem.