[BlueOnyx:10024] Re: new open web mail install

Gustavo Silva pseudo at zbronx.com
Tue Apr 3 08:46:21 -05 2012

On 12/04/03 13:32, Chris Gebhardt - VIRTBIZ Internet wrote:
> Richard M, Owen wrote:
>> Thanks I have tried that  still same problem for all users except admin
> I confirm Richard's issue.  I have experienced similar trouble with 2
> OpenWebmail installations on 5108R.
>
> Deleting the .openwebmail directory from the user directory will
> eliminate this issue, but then we will receive a "Gateway Timeout" error.
>
> It looks like webmail on 5108R is a tricky proposition for some reason...

Just sharing a bit of my personal experience. I've experienced that
Gateway Timeout errors in the past on 5108R while accessing openwebmail.

We have a few users with 10GB inboxes and if they're migrated, or the
index gets corrupted the default apache timeout is not enough and it
throws the gateway timeout errors before openwebmail is able to complete
the reindex process and move along.

You can make the apache timeout higher or you can run manually on the
console:

/home/solarspeed/openwebmail/cgi-bin/openwebmail/openwebmail-tool.pl -iv
INBOX user

Same thing if you send the .openwebmail dir away, this wil recreate the
index for you, and you can run the command for each mail folder the user
has, not just INBOX.

Cheers!
Gustavo