[BlueOnyx:10058] Re: 5108R GUI Logfile

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Apr 5 17:56:09 -05 2012

Hi Darryl,

> I noticed the logfile view does not work if used via the GUI (Server
> Management > Security > Logfiles).
>
> It produces this error:
>
> YOU HAVEN'T DISABLED SET-ID SCRIPTS IN THE KERNEL YET!
> FIX YOUR KERNEL, OR PUT A C WRAPPER AROUND THIS SCRIPT!

The scripts that show the logfiles in the GUI use suidperl. I just tested it
on a fully updated 5107R and 5108R and the results are a bit inconsistent. I
do not see the error message that you reported. But on a 5107R I did see a
suidperl warning.

So I don't yet know what the problem is, but I'll look into it.