[BlueOnyx:10060] Re: BlueOnyx-5106R-CentOS-5.8-20120401 Iso Issues

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Apr 5 18:03:42 -05 2012

Hi Bill,

> There seems to be a problem with the installer in the
> BlueOnyx-5106R-CentOS-5.8-20120401 iso. After installation and the reboot,
> once you log in with root and blueonyx it takes you to the quick setup
> screen and there is just carbage characters all over the screen and it
> locks  up. Rebooting did not fix it. If you need a screen shot of the
> image let me know.

Hmm. OK. When I tested the ISO the setup screen looked garbled to me, too. But
I thought it was just my VNC viewer that was acting up. It didn't lock up when
I entered IP, Netmask, Gateway and DNS server "blindly".

But yes, if this is a general problem and not just something with my VNC
viewer, then it needs to be fixed.

I just looked at it. For the setup menu we use "dialog", which renders the
menu. Apparently something changed on CentOS-5.8. The same code works
flawlessly on CentOS-5.6 and SL-6, SL-6.1 and SL-6.2. How I just love that.

But if I throw in a /usr/bin/reset into setup.sh to clear the screen before
calling dialog, it seems to work fine now.

I'll roll up a new CentOS-5.8 CD.