[BlueOnyx:10197] Re: 5106R/5107R/5108R YUM updates

Christoph Schneeberger cschnee at box.telemedia.ch
Fri Apr 20 01:31:25 -05 2012

Good morning Michael,

I appreciate the idea behind these updates very much. But since they
were automagically deployed on some of our VPS we get problems with
sites (mostly sites which had safe_mode enabled):

PHP Warning:
Unknown: SAFE MODE Restriction in effect.  The script whose uid is 504 is
not allowed to access /usr/sausalito/configs/php/set_php_headers.php owned
by uid 0 in Unknown on line 0

On sites with Solarspeed PHP all safe_mode related settings seem to have
disappeared from the PHP Section of SiteManagement since the update.

Also all Squirrelmail on regular 5106R (with stock PHP) fail now after
the updated with the following errors in log:

Unknown: open_basedir restriction in effect. File(/usr/sausalito/configs/php/set_php_headers.php) is not within the allowed path(s): (/home/:/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/share/squirrelmail/:/etc/squirrelmail/:/var/spool/squirrelmail/:/var/lib/squirrelmail/prefs/) in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown: failed to open stream: Operation not permitted in Unknown on line 0
PHP Warning:  Unknown: Failed opening '/usr/sausalito/configs/php/set_php_headers.php' for inclusion (include_path='.:/usr/share/pear:/usr/share/php') in Unknown on line 0

I am further looking into these problems but this is what I've been able
to find since Nagios got me out of bed ;-P

Cheers,
Christoph