[BlueOnyx:10321] Joomla problem?

Alan Kline alan at snugglebunny.us
Tue Apr 24 12:14:20 -05 2012

Here's one for the group to chew on: I'm running a Joomla 1.5 site on my
BX box, a virtual server. I haven't done anything to the site recently.
But, I noticed in my logs that the Google and MSN search bots are
running into a lot of 500 configuration errors as they craw. The error
message says,

[Tue Apr 24 09:14:37 2012] [error] [client 66.249.71.203] Request
exceeded the limit of 10 internal redirects due to probable config
uration error. Use 'LimitInternalRecursion' to increase the limit if
necessary. Use 'LogLevel debug' to get a backtrace.

This happens repeatedly until the bot gives up. However, when I manually
access the pages involved, I have no problem at all. I'm not terribly
worried about this, but found it interesting...

Alan