[BlueOnyx:10336] Re: 5108R Web Alias Redirects

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Thu Apr 26 06:30:30 -05 2012

Hi Randy,

> #RewriteRule ^/(.*)                      http://www.example.com/$1
>
> I can rewrite web_alias_redirects.pl to work as I want but I'd like to know
> if it's aleady been fixed and I simply have an old version. ;)

Yeah, that RewriteRule has been commented out during a BlueOnyx update a few
days ago. As you pointed out, it affects the "web alias redirects" and as long
as it is commented out, the switch "web alias redirects" in the GUI has no
function.

This was done as a short term fix for some SSL problems we had on 5107R and
5108R, where some sites with SSL enabled started and endless redirect loop.

This is a problem between that RewriteRule and
/etc/httpd/conf.d/ssl_perl.conf, which does a dynamic change of the sites
Apache config when SSL is enabled.

I have the problem narrowed down to a faulty regular expression in
ssl_perl.conf and within the next few days I'll release some updates which
will hopefully solve both issues.