[BlueOnyx:10366] Re: open_basedir restriction in effect.

Stephanie Sullivan ses at aviaweb.com
Fri Apr 27 10:51:49 -05 2012

Isn't the point of open_basedir to limit what a php script can open to
things that are in specific places? Doesn't it completely negate
open_basedir to simply assign it "/" making everything accessible to php -
certainly many configuration files, etc. that one might not desire be
visible to anyone. Effectively it removes the open_basedir directive.

I would hope this is simply a workaround and quite a temporary situation.
It's not an acceptable setting if security is a concern.

	-Stephanie