[BlueOnyx:10371] Re: open_basedir restriction in effect.

DD bqlist at distortal.com
Fri Apr 27 12:35:41 -05 2012

Hi Michael, Stephanie,

I agree on both points, sadly this is us trying to accommodate a legacy
system while we try to convince them to upgrade. The only saving grace is
that these scripts are not publicly accessible. I'll take time to point all
this out again, however.

In the meantime, I tried clearing the open_basedir value in the admin panel
for this site, but on saving it is replaced with:

/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/sausalito/configs/php/:/home/.sites/70/site
4/

I tried replacing the value directly in /etc/http/conf/vhosts/site4 with
simple '/' but running the script from the shell comes back with:

PHP Warning:  file_exists(): open_basedir restriction in effect.
File(product_list.csv) is not within the allowed path(s):
(/tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/sausalito/configs/php/) in
/home/.sites/70/site4/update_products.php on line 12

It looks like /tmp/:/var/lib/php/session/:/usr/sausalito/configs/php/ is
being appended to the lists of approved paths no matter what.

Dick