[BlueOnyx:11073] SSL Zertificate for the Blueonyx Console - Key still 1024bit

Dirk Estenfeld dirk.estenfeld at bpanet.de
Thu Aug 2 02:49:01 -05 2012

Hello,

yesterday a customer wish to have an own SSL certificate for the Blueonyx Console itself.
So I tried to do this with Server Management -> Security -> SSL.
I created the signing request. But when I try to get a certificate (for example from Thawte) I get the message that the key is only 1024bit.
(If I do the same procedure for a virtual site the key is generated with 2048 bit.)

I generated the key and the request in /etc/admserv/certs/ manually and also placed the certificate and the ca-certs manually in the folder. Now SSL certificate is in place and working.
@Michael: But maybe you can change the generation for the key for the admin console to 2048 bit.

Best regards,
Dirk