[BlueOnyx:11089] Re: Can't delete server administrator

Jeff Folk jfolk at qzoneinc.com
Fri Aug 3 08:21:56 -05 2012

On Aug 2, 2012, at 10:14 PM, Michael Aronoff wrote:

> Has anyone else seen this? I have 4 5108R’s and all are the same.
>
> I created a server administrator, and gave root access
> But I can't delete the user I created. The error is "Unable to remove the root user account, root-username".
>
> Same message if I try to remove root access and save the user...

Same here on 5107. I am able to suspend the user, however. Adding new server admins has the error 'cantUpdateLocalAliases'. Typical error in the GUI for trying to remove a server admin - 'Unable to remove the root user account, root-b1admin.'

There is an intermediate error logged (which is probably why the user can't be removed) - 'Unable to get the UID for mstauber. mstauber does not appear to exist on the system.'

Interesting… That error was in correlation to trying to remove the server admin 'b1admin', the second server admin added. mstauber was added to give Michael temporary root access to fix some problem I was having…

Jeff