[BlueOnyx:11219] Re: Kernel downloading but not updating

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sat Aug 25 20:54:42 -05 2012

Hi Jason,

> Michael I can confirm this issue is still present in 5107R and 5108R

Yes, I had hoped that SL-6.3 would fix this. Apparently it didn't.

The problem here is that /etc/grub.conf gets updated (more or less)
correctly, but during boot /boot/grub/grub.conf is used, which is not
fully up to date.

I have a fix scripted which will solve the issue, but I do not yet feel
confident enough to release it via YUM. It needs more testing. :-/