[BlueOnyx:09545] Re: Supermicro IPMI

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.net
Mon Feb 6 14:29:50 -05 2012

Gerald Waugh wrote:
>> I have used supermicro ipmi with earlier OS/s with no problems.
>> building a couple servers this week (5198R) and now I have this problem.
>>
>> IPMI IP is different than eth0 IP.
>> IPMI works when the system is OFF.
>> When I power up the system I can get sensor information during the power up.
>> But at some point the IPMI becomes unreachable.
>> Tried access with windows ipmi view and Linux command line.
>>
>> ideas appreciated!
>>
> I do find that I have to remove power cord from the servers, then
> reapply power and the IPMI works until the server is powered up.

Excuse me for sending this to the wrong list.
BTW, FYI it was an operator headspace problem
   yum install ipmitool.x86_64 OpenIPMI.x86_64
   chkconfig ipmi on
   service ipmi start
I don't know how I overlooked this issue. I think it was because ipmi
would communicate with power off (ac connected)

--
Gerald