[BlueOnyx:09547] Re: adding space to /home ??

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 6 21:35:22 -05 2012

Hi Harm,

> I have a small disk for the os and an internal raid of 2tb and attached an
> msa20 of hp with 2x 2tb raid disks again.....

An easy option would be to set up RAID on the 2x2TB disks. Either hardware
RAID (preferably) or software RAID. Then format the array with the file system
of your choice (ext3/ext4, whatever). Then you stop all services but SSH on
your server and unmount /home. Then you modify /etc/fstab to mount the storage
as /home, mount it and restart all services again.