[BlueOnyx:09604] Re: mysql password for the GUI

Gerald Waugh gwaugh at frontstreetnetworks.net
Mon Feb 13 06:51:53 -05 2012

Gerald Waugh wrote:
> Michael Stauber wrote:
>> Hi Gerald,
>>
>>> I can login to mysql in a shell, phpMyAdmin works in the GUI
>>>
>>> I have tried everything imaginable, but the GUI still indicates
>>>    MySQL connection cannot be established. Check settings.
>> BlueOnyx stores the MySQL "root" password in the class named "MySQL". Not in
>> the subclass "mysql" of "System".
>>
>> [root at sol ~]# /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient
>> 100 CSCP/0.80
>> 200 READY
>>
>> find MySQL
>> 104 OBJECT 30
>> 201 OK
>>
>> get 30
>> 102 DATA NAMESPACE = ""
>> 102 DATA sql_rootpassword = "the_password"
>> 102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.0"
>> 102 DATA sql_host = "localhost"
>> 102 DATA timestamp = "1322331581"
>> 102 DATA CLASS = "MySQL"
>> 102 DATA savechanges = "1322331581"
>> 102 DATA sql_port = "3306"
>> 102 DATA OID = "30"
>> 102 DATA sql_root = "root"
>> 201 OK
>>
>> Like Dudi said: If the password is correct and it doesn't work for the GUI,
>> then access from "localhost" to MySQL may not be working. This could be
>> because MySQL is either not configured to listen on localhost, or maybe
>> someone removed the privileges for "root at localhost". Typically there are two
>> "root" users for MySQL configured. One for "root at localhost" (user root
>> connecting from localhost) and "root@*" (root connecting from anywhere else).
>>
>> If the localhost "root" user of MySQL has been removed, it can be added again
>> this way:
>>
>> http://www.solarspeed.net/otrs/public.pl?Action=PublicFAQZoom;ItemID=26
>>
> [root at sv2 ~]# /usr/sausalito/bin/cceclient
> 100 CSCP/0.80
> 200 READY
> find MySQL
> 104 OBJECT 33
> 201 OK
> get 33
> 102 DATA NAMESPACE = ""
> 102 DATA sql_rootpassword = "passwd"
> 102 DATA CLASSVER = "1.0"
> 102 DATA sql_host = "localhost"
> 102 DATA timestamp = "1329106764"
> 102 DATA CLASS = "MySQL"
> 102 DATA savechanges = "1329106764"
> 102 DATA sql_port = "3306"
> 102 DATA OID = "33"
> 102 DATA sql_root = "root"
> 201 OK
>
> All passwords are the same as I put in the GUI and we can login to mysql
>  in a shell session. I did note that a vsite could not be deleted until
> we turned off mysql for the site.
>
> [root at sv2 ~]# netstat -tupan | grep 3306
> tcp 0  0 0.0.0.0:3306  0.0.0.0:* LISTEN  5420/mysqld
>
> So all this looks OK?

I believe this indicates that this is the localhost root logging in

[root at sv2 ~]# mysql -uroot -pbad-pass
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using
password: YES)

[root at sv2 ~]# mysql -uroot -pgood-pass
Your MySQL connection id is 4
Server version: 5.1.61 Source distribution
Type 'help;' or '\h' for help. Type '\c' to clear the current input
statement.

mysql>

I sure hate to reload this server ..... lot of sites....

--
Gerald