[BlueOnyx:09607] Re: mysql password for the GUI

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Mon Feb 13 07:29:54 -05 2012

Hi Gerald,

> I also see taht swatch thinks all is OK
>
> Feb 13 06:00:02 sv2 cced(smd)[13741]: client 0:[0:13737]: SET  19 .
> mysql lastChange = 1329134402 currentState = G currentMessage =
> "[[base-mysql.amStatusOK]]"

Yeah, but Swatch only checks if MySQL is running. It doesn't verify the
connection status.

I've also seen your other messages. I think I have an idea what the problem
might be, Gerald. Does your MySQL password contain a quotation mark or double
quotation mark? I.e. something like this:

Pass"word
Pass'word
Pass`word
Pass´word

If so, that potentially could be a problem as the constructors that set the
password or which delete sites could then run into problems escaping the
password string when it tries to use the password.

If that is the case, reset the password to something else without the
quotation marks, ticks or backticks.