[BlueOnyx:09641] Re: 5107R/5108R: Updated ISO images available

Michael Stauber mstauber at blueonyx.it
Sun Feb 19 21:40:51 -05 2012

Hi Chuck,

> In a past version, I thought that there was an option for installing
> BlueOnyx without LVM volumes.

No, BlueOnyx has always been using LVM, as we need more than four partitions.
In the past (with 5106R) there used to be a "self-partitioning" option. If
used, Anaconda (CD installation wizard that RedHat uses) would fire up
DiskDruid during the install and would allow you to define your own partition
layout.

However, this option is no longer working with the Anaconda that ships with
RHEL6, CentOS6 or SL6. Therefore the 5107R and 5108R install CDs currently
have that option removed until a time that I can figure out a way to make it
work again.