[BlueOnyx:09681] SSL problem

Robert Fitzpatrick robert at webtent.org
Mon Feb 27 13:27:02 -05 2012

I have been having a lot of issues with all the BO servers when
installing SSL certs. Most of the time it is when I get the cert back
from the authority and try to import, the GUI give an error and I
manually copy cert into place and works fine.

My current issue is with a 5106 server where I added an IP and applied
to an existing site. I created a self signed cert, but when I enable SSL
on the vsite, can't reload httpd...

[root at webremote www.enzyscience.com]# /etc/init.d/httpd reload
        Reloading httpd: not reloading due to configuration syntax error
                                                           [FAILED]

It seems it might be having an issue with IP address, the port is not
listening on that IP when checking netstat. The other site shows on its
IP OK. The cced messages in the log indicate the SSL set succeeded and I
can't find any other errors from the httpd/error_log or otherwise. Tried
disabling SSL, removing all certs and reloading httpd, repeated self
sign cert setup, same result. I've compared directories perms to the
other working SSL certs dir on this server, all the same. Can someone help?

--Robert