[BlueOnyx:09694] Re: CMU on a Raq550

Eiji Hamano bluequartz at hypersys.ne.jp
Wed Feb 29 03:02:04 -05 2012

Hi  Patrick

I have some experiences from the Raq550 to the Blueonyx.
I think there is only one way.
     Raq550 --> BlueQuartz --> Blueonyx

Caution:)

1.   Raq550 must have CMU 2.53,
      BlueQuartz CMU  2.66,  Blueonyx  must have  'yum'  final.

2.   On Raq550,  do not use CMU with all sites, use selented names,  like
as;
          /usr/sbin/cmuExport  -n  www.xyz.com,www.abc.net,www.a123... etc.
      There is no reliability on 550 CMU with ALL sites.

3.   There is good reliability on BlueQuartz --> Blueonyx,
      but not on Raq550 --> BlueQuartz.
      So, you must many checks at the migrated sites on BlueQuartz.
      You may have to change ownership of web/* ,  like as;
          chown  siteadm-name   /home/.sites/99/site99/web/*   -R

      I  recommend that  you first make two or three sites migrate
      to BlueQuartz.  You might find perl or php problems.

Any way,  it's very hard and dirty work.
If  you can edit/change IP address of  "cmu.xlm" file before cmuImport,
that might be helpful for you.

Good luck
Eiji Hamano