[BlueOnyx:10921] Re: Why refresh proftpd.conf when reboot ?

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Mon Jul 2 15:55:16 -05 2012

Hi Eiji

On 7/2/2012 1:10 PM, Eiji Hamano wrote:
> Hi  Chris
>
> Would you advice me how setting following  with GUI  ?
>
>     TimesGMT   off
>     SetEnv TZ :/etc/localtime
>     ListOptions   "-a"

I just had a look at a stock Blueonyx box;

1. This is standard - no mods needed
TimesGMT                        off

2. This is also standard - no mods needed
ListOptions                     "-a"

3. The last one is an environment variable. If it is specifically
causing you grief, you can set it somewhere else - perhaps in an init or
rc script?

As a more general answer to your question - Why refresh proftpd.conf?
Because it is designed that way. Way back in the bowels of time, the
Cobalt developers created constructors and handlers that build config
files based on data in the cobalt database. From my own experience, my
timestamps in my ftp log file work fine...

Regards,
Greg