[BlueOnyx:10926] Re: Why refresh proftpd.conf when reboot ?

Greg Kuhnert gkuhnert at compassnetworks.com.au
Tue Jul 3 05:57:58 -05 2012

Hi Eiji

I spent the last couple of hours looking at your problem. I started
looking at the source code for base-ftp.mod to see if there was anything
easy or obvious. There is only one constructor, so I started there. I
thought there may be part of the config file that was hard coded in
there, or a template pulled from somewhere. I did not find any evidence
of that. The constructor looked clean to me.

Then I started reading the code for the handlers, tracing the files that
modified the config file. Again, I did not find anything. All
modifications were done in such a way as to preserve global
configuration changes.

To make sure if there is actually a bug to fix, I built a clean blueonyx
server, applied all yum updates, and added the SetEnv TZ config line
manually in the config file. I then restarted CCED to see what happened.
No change. My modification was still there. Theoretically, restarting
cced should produce the symptoms you are talking about if the problem is
in any BlueOnyx code.... but this did not cause the problem you reported.

To make sure 100%, I then did a full reboot. No change. My custom
modification was still there.

Before spending any more time on this, can I ask you to build a clean
test server, apply all yum updates, and attempt to reproduce this -
documenting what you did to reproduce the fault. It will be helpful for
everyone to get a clear report of the symptoms before spending any more
time on this - because at the moment, I do not believe there is actually
a problem to fix.

Regards,
Greg